July 28, 2009

Open water, and tired Feet



Today was an eventful, exhausting, exciting day. Christopher and I took the train down town to my favorite city; Chicago. We walked around, stopped at the farmers market that’s only on Tuesday’s. Chris bought handmade and organic lavender soap from AbbeyBrown (They have a lot of fruits, vegetables, flowers, plants, baked goods, and a couple other cute things. Everything is from small local business.) Then we stopped by a couple other stores, ate some good sandwiches and walked the rest of the way to the Shedd Aquarium. (Long walk, let me tell you) But it was all worth it. A very cute little day.




Ohhhhh, and here is a finished look at the bracelet I made Christopher for his Canada trip. (hahah)


Tonight we remade one of our favorite scrubs we always made, but with fresh herbs from Christopher's garden.

Lavender, Rosemary, Yarrow, and Salvia were all organically grown in his yard. Then an added in lemon zest, sugar, honey, and Epsom salt.

(We also added some Rose peddles from his yard last minuet when we were filling the jar. I think it looks and smells great.)
We joked around tonight saying we should start our own soap project together, sell on etsy and that nonsense. I came up with the name 'Dirty Owl' hahaa. I like it. I would really love to learn how to make bar soap though.



I am leaving tomorrow morning for a road trip to visit my sister, I am nervous about the driving but very excited to see her.

No comments:

Post a Comment