August 12, 2009

Reconstructing our lives

Christopher loved his new PillowFriend and named him Mr. Truffles.



Fall is slowly coming, but considering I start school in a day I needed to go back to school shopping. While scanning threw my cluttered closet I found a couple pieces I no longer wear or didn't fit quite right, and thought I needed to change that.



Shirt: I bought from Chollet Russe years ago when I was still in Jr high. It's now is way to tight for me, and makes me look like a chub-ball.

Goal: To reconstruct it into a vest of some sort.


Results:I love it, it was fairly easy also. I cut the shirt apart, hemmed the new cuts (hem showing), redid the collar, and I also sewed on an owl on the back. Tell me what you think.








Dress: H&M clearance rack. As you can see its way to wide and puffy. It looks like a ferternity
dress from the side.

Goal: Re-construct it to make it more fitting.

Results:







Dress: A clearance dress at Forever 21.


Problem: Way to wide, not fitting, pushes out in the back, bottom flares out too much also.

Result: Taken in.. a lot! Way smaller bottom too.




I found the perfect backpack for school;




Pac Sun ( I wish they had cuter pictures on line of what it really looks like, not werid angles. But it reminds me of something from the 90's)

1 comment:

  1. That bag is gorgeous! And I love your dresses, it was a good idea to take them in
    xxx

    ReplyDelete