August 21, 2009

Sugary Flannels, and Eco-Friendly fish


School is in session (sadly) once again. Having myself thrown into such a non-Eco friendly environment for 7 hours can be really heart-breaking. (No one recycles during lunch time, our teaches have us write three sentences on a single piece of paper and pass it up, my math teacher dose not have an over-head, so she uses paper and a pencil to do a million problems with us... every day!) Things really start to add up, and i know. I know... Recycling: Isn't it the same as not using it in the first place?!? Sorta... but there is still wasted energy and labor in the mix, plus so many kids do not recycle. (But that's just ignorance.)

So.. I decide to make an Eco-friendly folder!





(Yellow lemon pattern, purple and white flannel, and a brown based vintage floral pattern)





Made out of cardboard that my brothers night stand came packaged in and material. To make I used an folder from last year. (Note: I made my material folder larger then average size so I could also fit notebooks in)



(^ in the process)



RANDOM NEWS!
I have an adorable Friend who I am extremely close to.. who honest to god has a sugar addiction. She does work in a bakery, and attends TCD Culinary School for half of her High School - school days, and she has her own little business on the side selling her own delicious makings. She thought that her love for sweats went to far after indulging in 12 donuts at once! After a bit of google-ing, she now has to eliminate sugar from her diet completely until all of the withdraws are over! I never, imagined that this could really happen, but your body starts to crave sugar after a slightly higher then average amount of it for a while. ( and when I mean crave.. I mean CRAVE!)






(Some of her amazing creations she brought to our fourth of July bbq. Unfortunately the hamburger cake got smashed by her mini grill on the car ride over.)

Yesterday at a Second hand store, I stumbled across this little number. It may not be flattering or fitting to my body but I love flannel, and I loved these colors! Just for $2, I brought it home and went to work...

Before:

Results:


(I love the long length, usually flannels have my skin showing without another shirt underneath.)



(^Tucked in and buttoned closed)

Sadly, that is not what I was planning for. I may have mentioned in my cluster of words that forms this blog -- that I really want a dress, fitting flannel that I can wear with a pair of black leggings and boots. So yesterday I thought this one was the winner. I used a yellow tight- fitting sweater (that I wear with a pair of leggings), to help me size this piece. Unfortunately I had it way, way to tight by my hips. (the sweater is extremely stretchy and able to stretch over me, where the flannel (a non-flexible material) can not. Ahhh, what a shame. I'm hoping to try again, next time with a dress to help me fit it to me.

Christopher and I went fishing this evening, before it stormed.

Cloe: 2 fish
Chris: 0 fish

( Couple pictures I got real quick when Chris was setting everything up for me.)




2 comments:

  1. I like your blog.
    It's so nice *sun*

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a lovely post! wil definatly keep an eye on your blog!
    those biscuits look amazing and a good idea with the folder and shirt!
    also, I love your floral shoes, I want some!
    please visit my blog -
    www.beautiful-rampage.blogspot.com

    sophie x

    ReplyDelete