August 24, 2009

Bat for Lashes

This weekend Christopher took me to Cosley Zoo!

(A zoo-- it is not, But that's what they call it.) They take in injured or abandon animals and nurture them back to health or give them a home to stay in, and hopefully one day they can make it back into our forest's.

They had three different species of owls! I could not be more excited. They had this one couple of Barn Owls (Same kind of owl that is in the above photo) The one was missing an eye, poor thing. But he was still a lively fella and very adorable. He kept stretching out his wings for us between naps. :)

Sadly-- I did not get any good pictures of the day, I am so bummed out. (Above picture is NOT mine) The zoo is free to the public, and all donations go to the animals.


Left over material -- only leads to another project.

After my Earth Friendly reusable Folder. (And made out of recycled cardboard!) I had only a little bit of the lemon material left, and considering how much I liked it I thought I should make a reusable sandwich bag for my school lunches.


The inside is lined with plastic from hobby lobby that you can buy by the yard on rolls right around the fabric section. (My mom bought some to throw over spring table clothes during my brothers Graduation party.)

Needless to say, it was an extremely cheap project for me and now my non-reusable plastic sandwich bags wont be finding there way in landfills anytime soon!


A gal I have been admiring for the past month or so is the head miss of Bat for Lashes; Natasha Khan. I originally was going to gather photos of hers to show all of her gorgeous head bands she always has, but ended up just gathering a couple pictures I really liked of hers.


(^some of her art)

My two favorite songs by her is Daniel and The horse and I
Since I haven't talked about myself other then fashion and handmade related, I thought I'd post 4 things about myself.
1. I used to be very alive and outgoing. Over the past couple years I have quiet down and stayed to myself and those I felt comfort around. Yet lately I feel as if I'm adventuring out again.

2. I adore vintage, organic and unique handmade items.

3. Half of me wants to move into my first love; Chicago (when I am older) The other half of me thinks for my career it be best to go to New York City, yet I feel I would really want to go somewhere I could be close to water, forests and lots of green areas.

4. I love zoos, a lot!

ALSO; I need some help on learning this blog. Is there any site with excellent tutorials for blogspot? (Or is it too simple for that?) Also, I feel like everyones pictures can be so much bigger than mine, do I need it on a certain setting. I would love help/advice :)

1 comment:

  1. Le blog de sushi has a great tutorial here:

    http://leblogdesushi.blogspot.com/2009/04/how-to-post-large-photos-on-blogspot.html

    She doesn't tell you how to adjust the size once you upload your big pic (so it's not too big for your layout).
    It's super easy though. Follow her tutorial, and in the html tag she shows you which looks like (without the *):
    <*img src="picture url goes here"/>

    place a width thing so it's the width of your post, like so:

    <*img src="picture url goes here" width="500px"/>

    and you can change the pixels to fit within your post. Mine are 450px.

    You have to have your pictures hosted at someplace like photobucket, and the url you put inside the " " is the direct link to your photo on photobucket.

    And if you want it to be centered, you just put <*center> tags around it.

    It's actually super easy once you know how to do .


    My camera is a Canon Rebel Digital SLR. It's probably 5 - 7 years old. They are pretty spendy now, mine was a hand me down from my ma.

    ReplyDelete